Reinvention of the Self

 I want to be a lot of things that I'm not. A badass. A hottie. A wild child. I feel as though I don't have permission to become all of those things since I'm still caught up on pleasing my Christian friends and family in many ways. But there are things I want to do that I hold myself back from. 

Society is built on projected identities. We see an identity sitting there idle, and we decide to step into it for the sake of other people. But when we want to break from that identity, do we break from the people as well? It feels almost necessary. There is technically nothing they can do to stop us, but we remain reluctant. 

This is a hard thing to overcome. At this junction of my life, a change of scenery seems to be a possible antidote for the problem. It could be bogus, but perhaps it would work.

Comments

Popular Posts